Maine Fishing Reports from The Rangeley Lakes Region

Check our Maine fishing forum for fishing reports from Registered Maine Guides and Fishing Tackle Shops in the Rangeley Lakes Region of Western Maine. The Rangeley Lakes Region is a four reason resort area reknown for fly fishing and trolling for trophy size Landlocked Salmon and Brook Trout.

Maine Fishing Reports from The Rangeley Lakes Region
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Maine's Upper Androscoggin River

Maine’s Upper Androscoggin River
Water Temp 73.40 Flow Rater 1546 CFS @ Meadwestvaco in Rumford
The recent rain has really helped the fish and fishing. I have had several parties in the last several days take some good-sized Rainbows, Browns and Smallies. The biggest was a 19-inch Brown that was three and a half pounds we were fishing late and using goose quill poppers around tipped-over trees along the cut banks. The fish came up and pounded the popper so hard that there was little left to it but the tail feathers!
We could just make out the action in the dark. Try it.
A number of good sized rainbows were taken as well. All looked healthy and well filled out.
The bass have been really active and I had one Party that took twenty in a five mile stretch. The biggest was 2.75 LB and really put up an excellent fight!!
I guided up in Rangeley the last few days and fished the Magalloway River. We took some mid sized fish and I picked up trash and a worm tub along with the Fly-Fishing Only signs that were torn down. If you use it hard you will lose it! People like this would be the first to ***** about what it use to be like and yet they are the reason it went to hell! “A man should believe in something....I believe I’ll go fishing.”