Maine Fishing Reports from The Rangeley Lakes Region

Check our Maine fishing forum for fishing reports from Registered Maine Guides and Fishing Tackle Shops in the Rangeley Lakes Region of Western Maine. The Rangeley Lakes Region is a four reason resort area reknown for fly fishing and trolling for trophy size Landlocked Salmon and Brook Trout.

Maine Fishing Reports from The Rangeley Lakes Region
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Quality Landlocked Salmon September 11th-September 14th 2014

hey my best friend and I troll lake winnipesaukee on the regular and do very well,but we are looking for somewhere where we have a real shot at a trophy landlocked and some overall quality fish. We have booked a trip up to the rangely area sept-11 threw sept- 14 and plan to fish Rangely lake as i have been told it offers the best landlocked salmon fishing for trolling in the area. Any information about the lake, what to use, where to go on it, best flies or DB's to use would help us out greatly as neither of us have fished the area. Also if their is a better lake in the area feel free to let me know but from what ive been told by several people is rangely is by far the best. Thanks for your time!
~Cam

Re: Quality Landlocked Salmon September 11th-September 14th 2014

Dear Cam,

I would hire a guide early in the week. I would suggest Westwind Charters.

TWM

Re: Quality Landlocked Salmon September 11th-September 14th 2014

Im really not looking for a guide I can't afford one nor do I really need one I hVe a 20 ft trophy bayliner all rigged up I've been trolling for years I would just like to know what streamer patterns have been producing and how deep the salmon are running right now. Like I said I've never been to this area before I've always fished Pittsburg nh when I wanted to vacation but I know there's a lot better quality fish up here. Just simply would like to know what streamer patterns and depth as well as which end of Rangely is best given the time of year. Thanks