Maine Fishing Reports from The Rangeley Lakes Region

Check our Maine fishing forum for fishing reports from Registered Maine Guides and Fishing Tackle Shops in the Rangeley Lakes Region of Western Maine. The Rangeley Lakes Region is a four reason resort area reknown for fly fishing and trolling for trophy size Landlocked Salmon and Brook Trout.

Maine Fishing Reports from The Rangeley Lakes Region
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
caddis

The big sedge Caddis hatch is ready to start, don\\\\\\\'t miss it on many local and remote ponds.
Good luck.
Tight lines
RAY

Re: caddis

Thanks for the update on the caddis hatch Ray. A group of 6 of us are coming for the weekend and staying at our camp in Smith Cove. I normally just fish Rangeley and we will be doing that Friday through Sunday but I have 2 guys that are pretty big into fly fishing(and I'm not). We will be stopping into Rivers Edge on Friday and probably Saturday as well but any good idea for the fly guys to head off to on Saturday during the day? (30-45 min drive?)

Hopefully fish are still biting on the lake, we normally do well by hitting the shore hard in low light with streamers and DB then move out to the thermoclime during the day but always looking for local advice.

Thank you for any help,
Caleb