Maine Fishing Reports from The Rangeley Lakes Region

Check our Maine fishing forum for fishing reports from Registered Maine Guides and Fishing Tackle Shops in the Rangeley Lakes Region of Western Maine. The Rangeley Lakes Region is a four reason resort area reknown for fly fishing and trolling for trophy size Landlocked Salmon and Brook Trout.

Maine Fishing Reports from The Rangeley Lakes Region
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Rangeley Memorial day fishing

Coming to the Rangeley State park for Memorial day weekend and have never fished Maine waters before. I would greatly appreciate any advice on fishing this area with my daughter. May be doing some shore fishing and some boat fishing. Curious about the streams in the area. Also we don't have fly rods. thanks for any help.

Re: Rangeley Memorial day fishing

All our rivers and streams are fly casting only. If fishing from a boat use sewn on smelt ( live fish for bait is not allowed) also D.B.Smelt lure is probably the best lure to use.Salmon & trout at that time of year will be from the surface down to 30 '.
Good Luck
Tight lines
RAY

If fishing the lakes I would hire a guide early in the week. The local guides know what they are doing.

If fly fishing...talk to Ray at RiversEdge.

See you on the lake.

Mainely Rangeley

Thanks Mainely Rangeley Rangeley ,but I no longer work at Rivers Edge. He said he no longer could afford to have us work there. He had a rough winter and has to dig hiself out of a big hole If some one wants to contact me they can use my email rrguides@gmail.com or by phone 207 864 5727 (home) or cell 207 491 9200.
See you TOM
Tight lines
RAY