Maine Fishing Reports from The Rangeley Lakes Region

Check our Maine fishing forum for fishing reports from Registered Maine Guides and Fishing Tackle Shops in the Rangeley Lakes Region of Western Maine. The Rangeley Lakes Region is a four reason resort area reknown for fly fishing and trolling for trophy size Landlocked Salmon and Brook Trout.

Maine Fishing Reports from The Rangeley Lakes Region
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Rangely

I am headed to Rangely in mid June. Coming in from Texas. Can someone fill me in on the best places to fish in the area. What type of fish are in the area, and what type of lures to use? Thanks anything will help.

Re: Rangely

Hi, you did not say if you would be fly fishing or trolling ?
The only game fish in our area are Landlocked Salmon & Brook Trout
We have many rivers to fish but all are fly fishing only.The big lakes are open to trolling but
no live fish as bait can be used.
any other info let me know.
Tight lines
RAY

We will be fly fishing. Never fished for Salmon or Brook Trout. Any tips would help. Just don't want to be lost when I get there.

Hi ,If your fishing rivers or streams nymphs are always good. If you hit some warm weather dry flys will be a lot of fun along with streamers if the water stays cool. If you like to walk try some of our back in ponds they can be very productive and can hold some very nice brook trout in the 2 to 3 pound class. Just get poto maps and a GPS to find the ponds.
GOOD LUCK
Tight lines
RAY