Maine Fishing Reports from The Rangeley Lakes Region

Check our Maine fishing forum for fishing reports from Registered Maine Guides and Fishing Tackle Shops in the Rangeley Lakes Region of Western Maine. The Rangeley Lakes Region is a four reason resort area reknown for fly fishing and trolling for trophy size Landlocked Salmon and Brook Trout.

Maine Fishing Reports from The Rangeley Lakes Region
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
River VS Pond shore fishing

I am heading up to the Rangeley area for some fishing laster this week. I have done some research and found a couple river spots as well as some walk in pond spots as well. I will be fishing with spinning gear as I don't fly fish so I guess I am just curious as to how the fishing has been as of late. I am planning on trying both the ponds and the few river spots I have read about but what is your take on it. Also on the maine.gov site I see that some ponds/streams are said to be fly fish only and others don't say anything so I assume I can fish on those spots. Just want to make sure I am within the rules and regulations while I am in your area. Looking forward to take advantage of from what I read some of the best fishing in the New England area. Thanks.

Re: River VS Pond shore fishing

Don't assume anything about fishing regulations on ponds and rivers. Get a copy of the Maine regulations and locate the particular pond/river where you want to fish.....much better than paying a fine. A lot of FFO locations in the Rangeley area.

Good luck!

All our rivers are fly casting only except 1 and that is the South Branc of the Dead River. Some ponds are GENERAL LAW but many are again FLY CASTING ONLY NO TROLLING A FLY.check your regs.
Tight lines
Ray

Thanks for the heads up guys. I printed out all the codes and bodies of water to bring with me so there is no confusion. Looking forward to getting on some nice ones.