Maine Fishing Reports from The Rangeley Lakes Region

Check our Maine fishing forum for fishing reports from Registered Maine Guides and Fishing Tackle Shops in the Rangeley Lakes Region of Western Maine. The Rangeley Lakes Region is a four reason resort area reknown for fly fishing and trolling for trophy size Landlocked Salmon and Brook Trout.

Maine Fishing Reports from The Rangeley Lakes Region
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Girl from Texas wants fishing advice for Mooselook

At home I am an avid bass fisherman (?). I've managed to land several 5# smallmouth on Webb Lake.

I love the fishway dam on Mooselook... looks like prime catching area.

I am rough, but familiar, with fly fishing. I understand that only fly fishing is allowed on the fishway dam. (Please correct me if I'm wrong!).

I want to fish the area in the evenings for the next several days. ANY advice would b appreciated! What can I expect to catch? Techniques? Depth?

Re: Girl from Texas wants fishing advice for Mooselook

Great place to fish. A lot of history there. Nymphs are always good and also Wolly buggers. You will probably catch landlocked salmon and Brook trout with a few yellow perch.
Good luck
Tight lines
RAY

Re: Girl from Texas wants fishing advice for Mooselook

We caught brook trout on woolies. Lots of little fish and lots of action. We had a blast. Released everything, of course. As soon as the fly hit we had a hit. And because we are such novices, most of the flies were hitting 2' from the bank! LOL! As the sun went down there was a lot of big fish action in the water, but they were beyond our casting abilities. Regardless, it was a good first time fly rod experience and I'm determined to cast in the yard till I learn to do it right!