Maine Fishing Reports from The Rangeley Lakes Region

Check our Maine fishing forum for fishing reports from Registered Maine Guides and Fishing Tackle Shops in the Rangeley Lakes Region of Western Maine. The Rangeley Lakes Region is a four reason resort area reknown for fly fishing and trolling for trophy size Landlocked Salmon and Brook Trout.

Maine Fishing Reports from The Rangeley Lakes Region
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Shore Fishing on Rangeley Lake

I'm staying on Rangeley Lake for the first week of August. I would typically fish for bass during the summer, but have done a ton of reading on this Lake, and there are no bass to be found.

I am up for the challenge of fishing for some trout and/or salmon, but I'm pretty sure my bass tackle box should stay at home for that week. I intend to rent a boat for a couple of days, but will probably just enjoy some fun on the lake with my family. With that being said, what do you suggest I use for equipment for doing some shore fishing that week? What are the best times to catch fish?

I'd love some feedback from the locals. Thanks.

Re: Shore Fishing on Rangeley Lake

Hi Mike, We fish for Salmon and Brook Trout in Rangeley Lake and in August these fish are usually to be found very deep at anywhere from 40' to 70 '. In order to catch them you will need a lead core outfit that will get you to those depths or downriggers. There is basically no shore line fishing at that time of year except for Pearch. Our local sport shop Rivers Edge Sports can set you up with the proper equiptment.
Tight Lines
RAY