Maine Fishing Reports from The Rangeley Lakes Region

Check our Maine fishing forum for fishing reports from Registered Maine Guides and Fishing Tackle Shops in the Rangeley Lakes Region of Western Maine. The Rangeley Lakes Region is a four reason resort area reknown for fly fishing and trolling for trophy size Landlocked Salmon and Brook Trout.

Maine Fishing Reports from The Rangeley Lakes Region
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Fishing Rangeley Lake for the first time

Are there any smallmouth bass in Rangeley lake? Or any other warm water fish besides the cold water types (Salmon & trout)

Re: Fishing Rangeley Lake for the first time

There are no warm water species in any of our lakes. We prefer Salmon and Big Brook trout. The nearest smallmouth fishing is in Umbagog Lake 35 miles away.
Tight lines
RAY

Thanks Ray,
I haven't fished cold water salmon in 15 years. I sold my downriggers years ago.

I never fished Brookies before. I'm taking the family up to Rangeley for a week vacation next week.

Besides lead core line with spoons, is there any other way to fish Brook trout?
Or could reccomend a local store I can ask about fishing the lake and pick up some supplies?
Jeff

I work 3 days a week at Rivers Edge Sports in Oquossoc which is 7 miles from Rangeley, Saturday ,Sunday Tuesday. This time of year its deep trolling for salmon and brookies,or if you fly fish ponds,rivers and streams will produce brookies. All our rivers and streams are closed to fly fishing only.
Tight lines
Ray

Thanks for the advice. I'll stop by River's Edge and say hello and pick up some tackle!