Maine Fishing Reports from The Rangeley Lakes Region

Check our Maine fishing forum for fishing reports from Registered Maine Guides and Fishing Tackle Shops in the Rangeley Lakes Region of Western Maine. The Rangeley Lakes Region is a four reason resort area reknown for fly fishing and trolling for trophy size Landlocked Salmon and Brook Trout.

Maine Fishing Reports from The Rangeley Lakes Region
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Author
Comment
Re: Ice Out

Thanks Ray. I've got a bunch of DB smelt lures. Is it possible to purchase frozen smelt in Rangeley?
Rick

You can purchase froxen smelt at Lakeside Convenience and Marina in the center of Rangeley across from Franklin Savings Bank.You can also launch your boat snd dock it there.Along with some great food to take aboard your boat. Store and Marina now owned by my daughter and son-in law. Fuel also. (a plug for them)
Tight lines
RAY

Thanks Ray-I'll be sure to stock up there!

We had good luck last week, water temperature was still in the high 30s on Mooselook when we got into town. When the sun came out Thuesday and Friday the surface temp rose up to low 50s and fish became much more active. We caught most fish with sewn on smelt and a couple lures which the brookies hit hard.

We will be back up in a couple weeks for Memorial Day weekend.

1 2