Maine Fishing Reports from The Rangeley Lakes Region

Check our Maine fishing forum for fishing reports from Registered Maine Guides and Fishing Tackle Shops in the Rangeley Lakes Region of Western Maine. The Rangeley Lakes Region is a four reason resort area reknown for fly fishing and trolling for trophy size Landlocked Salmon and Brook Trout.

Maine Fishing Reports from The Rangeley Lakes Region
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Author
Comment
Ice Out

Whats everyones thoughts on Ice Out dates for this year for Rangeley and Mooselook?

Re: Ice Out

There is still 3' of ice on the lakes. It depends on what kind of April we have.Today there is water all over the ice which will help to thaw. It will probably be (i'm thinking)around May 10 or so.
Tight lines
Ray

[:-Yesterday,April 18 we had 3" of snow. Wednesday April 20 we are going to get another 3". This will delay "ice out"
Tight lines
RAY

Any more updates on Ice??

Ice went out yesterday P.M. 5/4/11
Tight lines
RAY

Very Good we will be up Wednesday through the weekend! Have a good season!

Salmon up to 6# have been caught with quite a few 5# and 4# to41/2#.
Good luck
Tight lines
RAY

Great to hear- will be up next week. Have the black flies hatched yet?

no black flies yet but they will be here

Ray, I hope to take my sons fishing at Rangeley this weekend. Any advice regarding lures, streamers, or sewn smelts...what's working?
Rick

Rick, Your best bet is sewn smelt and DB smelt.they have been the most productive. On windy days when the lake is choppy streamers work,best streamers have been Beaded red Gray Ghost and beaded gray ghost.
Good luck
Tight lines
RAY

1 2