Return to Website

Cang Jie Input Method Forum

Exchange of any ideas regarding the Cang Jie input method and other input methods for Chinese characters as well as the works and projects of Henry Chu BangFu, the inventor of the Cang Jie System.

Cang Jie Input Method Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Web site encoding

Dear Edward:

I am rewamping this web and will try to place under the banner of Unicode, for the good of all. Thanks for your advice.

What happen to all the work we did for Unicode registration of the CJ signs?

Eddy

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Pages on this site do not state their character encoding. I found by trial and error that the Chinese characters in messages display correctly if I set View/ Character Encoding to Traditional Chinese (Big 5-HKSCS). Unfortunately, I have to set that encoding by hand on each page that I view. It would be very simple to fix this at the server.

Personally, I would prefer to use Unicode, so that it would be simple to discuss Traditional and Simplified characters, and also characters in Korean and Japanese standards, on the same page. Unicode 3.2 covers more than 90,000 Han characters, including Cantonese and Hong Kong characters, and Unicode 4.0 is expected to add 40,000-50,000 more. The time when one could complain about Unicode coverage for Chinese is over and gone.