Return to Website

Cang Jie Input Method Forum

Exchange of any ideas regarding the Cang Jie input method and other input methods for Chinese characters as well as the works and projects of Henry Chu BangFu, the inventor of the Cang Jie System.

Cang Jie Input Method Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: inputting simplified chinese

Is there any diagram on this site or another that shows all the shapes on a cangjie keyboard for simplified characters?

If not anybody willing to scan one in and post it to me?

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

You have all the simplified chrs and their CJ code in my web section DOWNLOAD.

Cheers!

edy

Replying to:

Actually forget my last post. It was just me being silly. I looked a bit harder a discovered I selected that wrong font, thats why the characters were not appearing.

Only one more question now is there are online cangjie code lookup for simplified chinese characters? The one mentioned for traditional characters is very good.

Replying to:

Dear Keith:

When I tested NJ-Star, it had a specific option for typing the Simplified codes. I will be surprised they have just dropped this option which is quite unique.(Most input editors process the way you described in your clear message. This is because, originally, CJ input was more used in Taiwan for traditional characters).

Please note that if you used TwinBridge, you can type directly in Simplified shapes-form with the editor downloadable from the website.

More over, the Malaysia website by AKong has had for sometime CJ input editors very easily installable in any kind of Windows OS (Chinese and English), including for CJ direct input in simplified shapes. Go there and get it, and install it without hesitation.His codes are the same as what I indicate in my book (and web).

The codes of the CJ input in NK-Star are slightly different from those of AKong and mine (the orthodox ones..) but I think, in some respect, some are better (more intuitive). However, I forgot if they have (like mine and AKong's), the possibility to really have one character per code.

Please, check these things (including write to NJ-Star) and come back if a question cannot be solved.

Eddy

Replying to:

Hi I just stumbled upon the cjmember website recently and found it very useful and interesting. I've seen some of the web pages mention that nj-star supports simplified input using cangjie codes.

Now whilst I found this to be true, it seems that it doesn't use the simplified cangjie codes, but uses the traditional cangjie codes. For e.g. if i wanted to type in the word qing3 (please), in traditional cangjie code it would be YRQMB, and in simplified cangjie code it is IVQMB. However in nj-star I still need to type in YRQMB even when I'm in simplified characters mode.

Did I miss something in the options or settings of nj-star? Or is this a limitation of nj-star?

Keith