Return to Website

Cang Jie Input Method Forum

Exchange of any ideas regarding the Cang Jie input method and other input methods for Chinese characters as well as the works and projects of Henry Chu BangFu, the inventor of the Cang Jie System.

Cang Jie Input Method Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: A mirror site for folks with smaller screens

I like Bravenet service but I have no paying account with them for hosting. The hosting of the existing miror site is in http://www.freeservers.com/for which I pay 6 $ a month. If we go on with tis idea, I will make a one year contract.

If you send me your pages I will erase the present miror in freeservers.com and put them there. You will have the passeword and you can do the maintainance and add contents when you like,or send anything you like and I will put it into that mirror. I think that mirror web should be more open, encouraging students and users of Chinese to bring material in (like your experience of "deducing new codes from old ones instead of memorizing" --which is linked to the modularity of Chinese charcaters delopped by Chu in his studies of the "The Genes of Chinese Characters".

Also, on a second part of this web ideas like those of Ray Kurzweil and of Steve Grand ("Creation: Life and how to Make it")... which seems to interest you particularly and which is one of the main points of Chu Bangfu in the few coming years.

So, what do you think? Eddy

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Should I use bravenet? I mean, do you like their service? I would just send you the pages so you could add them to your current site, but that could be very confusing. So, how about a mirror using (a different address at ) bravenet?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: A mirror site for folks with smaller screens

Pages: I'll work on them this week and hopefull I can send you some this weekend. (I've had a houseguest).

Kurzweil ideas: sounds great, although I'm not sure how I would tackle that. I was going to link to Kurzweil's site, though. Need your help on the rest

Deducing codes: I was just doing some more deductions this morning, and it's interesting how many of my wrong guesses turn out to be correct for Generation Five! For example, ci4 is IMNO, but I had guessed MMNO.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: A mirror site for folks with smaller screens

1) Pages: take your time.

2) Kurzweil should be for after, I guess. I think we should made a web, slim and fast and complete, that can help well the users of CangJie. In fact, another friend ofmine, "more computer savy than me", told me that, the usual resolution for webs is not 1000x700 but 800X600, whichcan also be seen in 1000x700,, nad whihc is faster, So, I have to reform my web, one way or another: your help is appreciated.

3) Version 5 will soon benn explained (I have ot finish some work and I am getting on to it!)

Eddy

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Pages: I'll work on them this week and hopefull I can send you some this weekend. (I've had a houseguest).

Kurzweil ideas: sounds great, although I'm not sure how I would tackle that. I was going to link to Kurzweil's site, though. Need your help on the rest

Deducing codes: I was just doing some more deductions this morning, and it's interesting how many of my wrong guesses turn out to be correct for Generation Five! For example, ci4 is IMNO, but I had guessed MMNO.