Return to Website

Cang Jie Input Method Forum

Exchange of any ideas regarding the Cang Jie input method and other input methods for Chinese characters as well as the works and projects of Henry Chu BangFu, the inventor of the Cang Jie System.

Cang Jie Input Method Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Kurzweil --30 years future!

His predictions are shared by Chu Bangfu who voiced them many years ago in his novel "The minstrel of the Universe"! And that's one of the reasons he has been working (for the last 20 years) on a natural language program be sure these "spiritual machines" will behave "spiritually"! They are now on a simulation stage --based on a Ying Jing structure -- of the software, which would see some light in a couple of years or so!

Let's hope we can see the result of this work!

Eddy

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I can't believe you mentioned Ray Kurzweil's 'Age of Spiritual Machines' -- that's my all-time favorite book! That guy invented everything from music synthesizers to speech-to-text (dictation) software. I especially like his predictions for the next few decades. Truly an amazing work.

Replying to:

To Kava:

1) Your book is has been mailed this morning!

2) About your consructing the mirror web: when you need some info or discuss something, just let me know. Yes: stick to Version 3 b/c all the systems use it. But we will soon introduce version 5 because since brother Ahong designed an automatic installing program, V5 can be installed in Win 2000 (English); and C-Win, and P-Win. (You noticed in Ahong website v3 and v5 can be compared on the tables).

3) ˇ§Brotherˇ¨ just came out to my fingers, as I was remembering a friend of the CBF group, Walter Van Patten, who often uses this expression, and inspired by the usefulness of the work of Ahong to help Cangjie learners. We are not at all a religious group but Chu does given explanations on the Tao De Jing, Yi-jing, etc. After years of hearing Chuˇ¦s talks on philosophy, I am not sure what he means when he uses the word ˇ§spiritualˇ¨. The main idea I retain from his talks is a practical one: get real freedom by reducing over-blown self-concern. This is the basic training recommended by many traditions and often forgotten by the exoteric religion. If you have time, you might have a look up that book: ˇ§ The age of Spiritual machines: when computers exceed human intelligenceˇ¨ by Ray Kurzweil. Also, the beginning of ˇ§Summary of the nine discoursesˇ¨ at bottom of http://www.cjmember.4t.com/natural_languages.htm concerns this subject.

Eddy

Replying to:

Excellent! Excellent! Thank you very much. I tried it right away and it was just the way you described it. This is definitely what I need until the book arrives.

Um, why is he "brother Ahong?" Everyone in this CJ community is so polite that I have the feeling that you're all part of some religious order. Is that only my imagination? I know that Chu Bang Fu is a spiritual man, but why "brother Ahong"? Nothing wrong with religion; I'm merely curious. Thanks again.

Replying to:

Another solution, cooler: please try the excellent website of brother Ahong, in Malaysia: You can do exactly what you said you need: paste a character and it will give you immediately the CJ code plus pinyin and zhuyin. http://www.chinesecj.com/. MORE: you can aslo input in Cangjie code (both 3rd and 5th version), zhuyin, and even pinyin. (You choose your input on the box top-left corner). If you are excited by it, drop a line to Ahong: mailto:khon@tm.net.my. He will be happy.

Also, worth downloading (free) and exploring is a whole Chinese-Chinese dictionary made by Chu Bangfu. It is arranged alphabetically by Cangjie codes. For each character, the meaning of each CJ unit is explained. Here is the link to the introductory page http://www.cbflabs.com/book/dic/dic.htm ; and here the link for the download: http://www.cbflabs.com/book/dic/dic.zip . I started a translation of the dictionary: it is a very big work. Also, it will be good if someone could find a way to search it electronically.

Replying to:

Is there a site where I can paste a character and search for its ChangJie code?

I'm just starting out using ChangJie, and I'm excited about it b/c I really am able to deduce new codes from old ones instead of memorizing. However, I usually look up a few codes here and there to get me started. (Awaiting your reply regarding the book, Eddy). For example, once I learned what DI created, I guess AGDI, HHDI, etc.

I need to find things like the code for JIA1 (home, family) so i can deduce other words with "pig" inside them.

Thanks! DK

P.S. Of course, I downloaded the zip of traditional codes from this site, but that is searchable only by the codes themselves.

Re: Re: Re: Kurzweil --30 years future!

>based on a Ying Jing structure

Very interesting.

What is the CJ code for "Ying Jing"? Is that Jing like crystal?

Re:CJ describes characters without ambiguity

Sorry for my (typing) miss-spelling! The correct pinyin is : Yi4 Jing1 (The Book of Changes)

CJ code:APHH AND VFMVM

By the way ... you note that if you don't know already the chacarters for Yi4 and for Jing1 --which I am sure you know- you will have trouble (because of the homophones) to find the corresponding characters in your dictionary (especially electronic) -if you do not know their meaqning --- or to input them on computer applications. But when you communicate to others the CJ code ... there is no ambiguity (or almost none. None at all in version 5 --which I'll have to get explaining very soon!).

Replying to:

Very interesting.

Re: Re:CJ describes characters without ambiguity

I agree, the homophones can cause some confusion. YiJing was easy, b/c I can guess from the context. Combinations can narrow things down a bit (e.g. chengshi is usu. city or computer program), but CJ is best for specifying a single character.

Originally, when you accidentally wrote "yingjing structure", I had only one guess from that combination, but I thought to myself, NO WAY can it be that! (laughing)

Replying to:

Sorry for my (typing) miss-spelling! The correct pinyin is : Yi4 Jing1 (The Book of Changes)

CJ code:APHH AND VFMVM

By the way ... you note that if you don't know already the chacarters for Yi4 and for Jing1 --which I am sure you know- you will have trouble (because of the homophones) to find the corresponding characters in your dictionary (especially electronic) -if you do not know their meaqning --- or to input them on computer applications. But when you communicate to others the CJ code ... there is no ambiguity (or almost none. None at all in version 5 --which I'll have to get explaining very soon!).

Replying to:

Very interesting.

Re: Another place to find codes and more

Another solution, cooler: please try the excellent website of brother Ahong, in Malaysia: You can do exactly what you said you need: paste a character and it will give you immediately the CJ code plus pinyin and zhuyin. http://www.chinesecj.com/. MORE: you can aslo input in Cangjie code (both 3rd and 5th version), zhuyin, and even pinyin. (You choose your input on the box top-left corner). If you are excited by it, drop a line to Ahong: mailto:khon@tm.net.my. He will be happy.

Also, worth downloading (free) and exploring is a whole Chinese-Chinese dictionary made by Chu Bangfu. It is arranged alphabetically by Cangjie codes. For each character, the meaning of each CJ unit is explained. Here is the link to the introductory page http://www.cbflabs.com/book/dic/dic.htm ; and here the link for the download: http://www.cbflabs.com/book/dic/dic.zip . I started a translation of the dictionary: it is a very big work. Also, it will be good if someone could find a way to search it electronically.

Replying to:

Is there a site where I can paste a character and search for its ChangJie code?

I'm just starting out using ChangJie, and I'm excited about it b/c I really am able to deduce new codes from old ones instead of memorizing. However, I usually look up a few codes here and there to get me started. (Awaiting your reply regarding the book, Eddy). For example, once I learned what DI created, I guess AGDI, HHDI, etc.

I need to find things like the code for JIA1 (home, family) so i can deduce other words with "pig" inside them.

Thanks! DK

P.S. Of course, I downloaded the zip of traditional codes from this site, but that is searchable only by the codes themselves.