This free service is provided by Rick Davies, editor of the MandE NEWS website.
Please use this Forum to publicise M&E related short term consultancies and full time employed positions.
To publicise training events, use the M&E Training page
To publicise M&E conferences, use the M&E Conferences page
To seek or provide other M&E related information please use the M&E NEWS email list
CAVEAT: The listing of opportunities on this page does not imply any form of endorsement by MandE NEWS of the accuracy of the information provided, or the integrity of the providers.
REQUEST: Please do not waste my time by posting irrelevant material, ether about non-M&E jobs or about other unrelated matters.
Job Function: International
Department: Middle East & North Africa
Resident Senior Reporting, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer: Tunisia
The National Democratic Institute for International Affairs (NDI) is seeking to hire a Resident Senior Reporting, Monitoring, and Evaluation Officer to assist its programs in Tunisia. The position will be based in Tunis and help in monitoring and reporting on program outcomes. She/he will use data management skills and analysis to document the achievement of target results and objectives, and conduct syntheses of accomplishments, helping NDI establish contributions made by its programs. The Senior Officer will be supervised by the Institute's Director in Tunisia and will be supported by Washington, D.C.-based staff.
• Develop and maintain a uniform and consistent data collection and reporting methodology and schedule, and ensure consistent and timely application of all M&E systems and standards across multiple programs
• Develop user-friendly protocols for data collection, management, presentation, reflection/analysis, and reporting
• Coordinate and manage the M&E Calendar, provide updates and guidance on performance monitoring issues. This includes establishing data quality protocols for obtaining informed consent, and for securing storage, access, and sharing of data
• Provide support to field teams in preparation of Data Quality Assessments (DQAs) or other information requests from donors
• Work with internal Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Team, take lead on development and facilitate training and capacity building programs within team, regional field staff and relevant local partners to incorporate established M&E systems for ongoing reflection, learning and reporting
• Support program teams to ensure that all data are collected, analyzed and reported on in a timely and useful manner to the Resident Director, DC staff and relevant donors.
• Prepare monthly field reports for distribution within NDI
• Support design, planning, and implementation of baseline assessments, mid-term and final evaluations
• Provide technical insight to design of focus group research, and surveys. Technical support may include design of survey instruments and sampling strategies, development of Terms of Reference for research firms/partners/external evaluators, training of enumerators, etc
• Administrative support for managing contractors or third party survey/research firms may also be required
• Support individual program teams, as well as senior management in Tunis, to analyse and use data for evidence-based decision-making and program improvement. This includes facilitation of reflection and analysis sessions, and regular review and analysis of M&E data
• Strengthen program decision-making by directing staff to specific evaluation findings or data collected through monitoring
• Develop performance monitoring plans, evaluation methods, and reporting processes in cooperation with the senior resident director and other senior program staff
• Develop indicators of success and methods of measurement and conduct assessments based on the program's objectives
• Develop tools and methods for collecting the information necessary to monitor and evaluation program activities
• Train international and Iraqi staff to use the tools and methods for collecting day-to-day program information and evaluating long-term program impact
• Oversee the collection of monitoring and evaluation data
• Prepare and submit regular reports in accordance with internal and external reporting requirements
• Assist program staff in identifying and highlighting achievements of the program objectives and outcomes
• Bachelor's degree in political science, international relations, public administration, nonprofit management, or applied research (anthropology or sociology), statistics, or related field. Additional years of relevant work experience may be substituted for educational requirement on a one-for-one basis
• Minimum of six (6) years of experience with performance monitoring preferably in an international nonprofit organization or government agency; experience with USAID and/or U.S. Department of State a plus
• Demonstrated experience in operationalizing performance monitoring systems, including indicators of success and methods of measurement
• Demonstrated experience with designing, managing and implementing and employing evaluation tools and methods such as baseline assessments, surveys, interviews, focus groups, mid-term and final evaluations, and research from secondary sources
• Demonstrated experience to develop and lead M&E trainings for field program staff
• Experience in results-oriented program design, strategic planning, and proposal development (including theories of change, logical frameworks, performance monitoring plans, and drafting M&E narratives)
• Strong knowledge of database management systems such as Access and Excel; experience with SPSS or STATA a plus
• Knowledge of data visualization software(s) and graphics highly desired
• Exceptional interpersonal skills and cultural sensitivity to effectively interact with all levels of staff, U.S. and foreign government personnel, members of donor organizations, funders, and policy-makers
• Superior oral and written communications skills to effectively present information in a clear and persuasive manner in English; knowledge of French and/or Arabic a plus
• Exceptional analytical skills for interpreting complex program and political issues
• Ability to work in a challenging political environment
Salary is commensurate with experience and education. A generous benefits package is provided.
NDI welcomes and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. As such, our commitment is to promote equal employment opportunities (EEO) for all applicants seeking employment and NDI employees. NDI makes employment decisions based on organizational needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, personal appearance, military status, gender identity or expression, genetic information, political affiliation, educational status, unemployment status, place of residence or business, source of income, or reproductive health decision making. Additionally, harassment or discrimination based on these characteristics will not be tolerated at NDI. To perform the essential functions of this position, reasonable accommodations are available to qualified individuals with disabilities and qualified individuals who have limitations due to pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or medical related condition.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/d8j2y2rkstzgbqhh
Organisation National Democratic Institute