This free service is provided by Rick Davies, editor of the MandE NEWS website.
Please use this Forum to publicise M&E related short term consultancies and full time employed positions.
To publicise training events, use the M&E Training page
To publicise M&E conferences, use the M&E Conferences page
To seek or provide other M&E related information please use the M&E NEWS email list
CAVEAT: The listing of opportunities on this page does not imply any form of endorsement by MandE NEWS of the accuracy of the information provided, or the integrity of the providers.
REQUEST: Please do not waste my time by posting irrelevant material, ether about non-M&E jobs or about other unrelated matters.
This role will close to applications on the 23rd of April.
INTRODUCTION This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic and motivated Senior/Principal Consultant with a passion for working in fragile and conflict-affected settings. The consultant will be joining a rapidly expanding team and will help to maintain the high quality of existing contracts and support the team in seizing new opportunities for growth.
You will be supporting the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) work for the UK Conflict, Stability and Security Fund (CSSF) across Eastern Africa, Middle East and North Africa, as well contribute to the delivery and further development of ITAD’s portfolio of evaluations of humanitarian response and resilience building. The consultant will also be pursuing new opportunities, expanding the portfolio of the Fragile and Conflict Affected States (FCAS) team and being actively involved in developing proposals and bids.
ABOUT ITAD Itad is a leading consultancy providing technical expertise to international development programmes, projects and institutions. Their work covers a range of sectors, including Conflict Prevention, Peacebuilding, Stabilisation, Humanitarian Assistance, Climate Change, Private Sector Development, Health, Governance and Social Protection and Livelihoods. Itad specialise in Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) and their work ranges from designing MEL systems for multimillion Pound initiatives, to conducting longterm impact evaluations across the world.
Their Fragile and Conflict Affected States (FCAS) team is growing quickly and is currently providing MEL services to a range of clients, including the UK Government, across a range of conflict-affected regions, with a focus on Africa, Middle East and Asia. Their work is particularly focused on supporting governments to monitor, evaluate and learn from programming across a number of high-priority policy issues, including migration, preventing violent extremism, security sector reform, humanitarian assistance and resilience building, and local-level conflict prevention and peacebuilding.
The FCAS team is looking for a dynamic and motivated Senior/Principal Consultant with a passion for working in fragile and conflictaffected settings. The consultant will be joining a rapidly expanding team and will help to maintain the high quality of existing contracts and support the team in seizing new opportunities for growth.
This is a technical role and proven experience of applying a range of evaluation designs and methods (qualitative and quantitative), as well as MEL thinking and practice in the context of at least one of the following areas is a prerequisite: conflict prevention, peacebuilding, migration, preventing violent extremism,
security sector reform and humanitarian assistance.
The successful candidate will have consultancy experience, be able to quickly establish credible, strong working relationships with team members, clients, partners and stakeholders, and will have the ability to lead, manage and motivate others. A clear understanding of commercial drivers and how they can influence both bidding and delivery is essential.
Travel to high-risk locations is an intrinsic part of this role, so experience of managing that risk is key.
SENIOR/PRINCIPAL CONSULTANT - FRAGILE AND CONFLICT AFFECTED STATES
LOCATION: Hove (East Sussex), UK
CONTRACT: Full-time, Permanent
• Manage the high-quality delivery of a range of technical MEL assignments by working proactively with internal and external teams, including associate consultants and partner organisations.
• Ensure information and learning is captured and shared throughout assignment delivery to enable efficient and effective decision making.
• Ensure that assignments are managed on time and to budget, and within the agreed company financial frameworks.
• Identify and mitigate risks and challenges to the successful delivery of projects.
• Maintain awareness of current and emerging opportunities, trends and ideas within the FCAS space; and contribute to the Theme’s business development strategy by identifying opportunities to promote Itad’s interests/expertise.
• As agreed with the Theme Lead, seek out and pursue new business opportunities and assess business leads identified by Business Development & Marketing to determine their commercial viability.
• Work with the Business Development & Marketing team in the production of EOIs and Proposals, including identifying suitable external associates for project teams and consortia where appropriate.
• Contribute to the growth of the reputational capital and positioning as a thought leader by assisting in the development of knowledge capital and products for external use.
• Proactively develop and maintain a professional network with clients, partners, external associates and like-minded organisations, leveraging opportunities to build external profile as a subject matter expert.
• Relevant Master’s degree or PhD in Social Science, conflict studies or development related discipline.
• Demonstrated experience of working on MEL assignments in fragile and conflict-affected environments is essential.
• Demonstrated MEL technical expertise and experience in at least one of conflict prevention, peacebuilding, migration, preventing violent extremism, security sector reform and humanitarian assistance is essential. A humanitarian background is desirable.
• Experience and proven success in managing the delivery of MEL assignments for a range of international clients in a consultancy role or as a staff member within a major aid agency is essential.
• Significant technical expertise in at least one major aspect of data collection and analysis is essential, e.g. qualitative methods; survey design; survey sampling; quantitative statistical analysis.
• Fluency in written and spoken English.
• Proficiency in one or more other UN language is an advantage.
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the United Kingdom.
If you are a non-EU National, please refer to the UK Visas and Immigration website for information regarding your eligibility to work in the UK.
HOW TO APPLY All correspondence, at this stage, should be via Oxford HR. To apply for this role, please find the role on our website, click on the “Apply” button and complete our online application form. Please attach an upto-date CV and a Statement in ONE single document.
This role will close to applications on the 23rd of April.
All candidates will receive feedback within ten days of the closing date. Shortlisted candidates may be required to undertake an additional assessment prior to the final interview. Oxford HR, together with Itad, will agree upon a longlist of candidates. These candidates will be invited to attend a preliminary interview with Oxford HR. A shortlist of candidates will then be selected and invited to attend final panel interview with Itad.
QUERIES If you have any queries on any aspect of the appointment process, need additional information, or would like to have an informal discussion, please contact Ana Fernandes or George Alexandridis at Consultant_FCAS_itad@oxfordhr.co.uk in the first instance.
ABOUT OXFORD HR
Oxford HR operates globally, mainly within the international development and UK charity sectors. We carry out retained executive search mandates at board and senior management levels. We also offer human resource and organisational development consultancy.
Oxford HR has many years of experience in search as well as an extensive network of international development, social sector, corporate, public sector and academic contacts from across the world. We carry out comprehensive and often international searches designed to meet the specific needs of our clients.