This free service is provided by Rick Davies, editor of the MandE NEWS website.
Please use this Forum to publicise M&E related short term consultancies and full time employed positions.
To publicise training events, use the M&E Training page
To publicise M&E conferences, use the M&E Conferences page
To seek or provide other M&E related information please use the M&E NEWS email list
CAVEAT: The listing of opportunities on this page does not imply any form of endorsement by MandE NEWS of the accuracy of the information provided, or the integrity of the providers.
REQUEST: Please do not waste my time by posting irrelevant material, ether about non-M&E jobs or about other unrelated matters.
POSITION: Field Coordinator, Bangladesh
DURATION: Temporary, Full Time (6 months)
DEPARTMENT: IO – Emergencies and Recovery
LOCATION: Bangladesh, Cox’s Bazar
CLASSIFICATION: Level 4
Do you want to make a difference? Join the world’s largest humanitarian network. The Canadian Red Cross Society (CRCS), a not for profit, humanitarian organization dedicated to helping the most vulnerable in Canada and throughout the world, is currently seeking a Field Coordinator, Bangladesh.
Reporting to the Country Representative for Bangladesh, the Field Coordinator will be responsible to coordinate field operations on a day to day basis including and especially logistical, financial and administrative functions. The Delegate will provide the country operation with professional finance and budgetary support and advice, review and provide support to logistics, and help build the capacities of Bangladesh Red Crescent Society (BDRCS) team members on management, administration and financial issues related to CRC’s programming.
S/he will be responsible for jointly developing and implementing the finance system from inception, including monitoring and reporting functions for the CRC operations in Bangladesh, and to monitor the logistics aspects of the operation. S/he will be responsible for the administrative tasks required for daily operations, including coordination of human resources and contract management. The Delegate will support and work in close coordination with relevant counterparts at the BDRCS National Headquarters and District level, and will need to consider and appropriately plan for capacity development of BDRCS and CRC local staff.
Manage the financial systems and processes of the CRC operation in Bangladesh, including cash flow and reconciliation; budgeting and forecasting; financial reporting and analysis
• With support from National Office (NO), establish appropriate financial processes and mechanisms to meet operational requirements for CRC office in Bangladesh, which are in conformity with CRC standard procedures as well as requirements of the back donor.
• Work closely with BDRCS to ensure compliance with these processes and, where possible, align/integrate with existing systems used by BDRCS and RCM partners.
• Manage the funds and financial assets of the CRC operation; including cash flow (forecasting, requests, and reconciliation), cost control management, overseeing payments, working advances, payroll functions, documentation, and acting as bank signatory as required.
• Coordinate the compilation of budgets and financial plans, under the direction of the Country Representative.
• Regularly monitor expenses against the operational budget; analyze and address significant variances.
• Flag financial risks (including forecasted slippage) and recommend corrective actions.
• Compile, validate and reconcile all regular (monthly or other) financial reports for NO.
• Implement and manage internal financial control policies and procedures.
• Mentor, support and advise the National Society Population Movement Operation office staff in financial and administrative tasks.
Manage the logistical and day to day activity coordination of the various components of CRC’s programs, including fleet management, procurement, and asset tracking
• With support from NO, establish and maintain appropriate logistics processes and mechanisms to meet operational requirements for CRC office in Bangladesh. Work closely with BDRCS to develop manageable processes which are in line with requirements of the back donor, and, where possible, align/integrate with existing systems used by BDRCS and partners.
• Ensure compliance with the procurement procedures agreed in the PCA between CRC and BDRCS.
• Under the supervision of the Country Representative, draft, negotiate and control the issuing of contracts under the advice of logistics and NO legal counsel.
• Compile, validate and reconcile all regular (monthly or other) logistics reports for NO with the Country Representative’s approval.
• Coordinate and trouble shoot day to day logistics for the effective functioning of the project.
• Maintain accurate registers of the assets and property of CRC.
• Ensure appropriate identification and planning of required logistics support for effective and efficient delivery of programs.
• Liaise with IFRC and other Movement partners to arrange and track procurement activities.
• Build the capacities of BDRCS staff including clinical staff on procurement, asset management and tracking as required.
Manage the administrative tasks required for the effective operation of the CRC office
• Ensure the office is appropriately resourced with all necessary supplies, workspaces, and furnishings.
• Oversee arrangements for visitors to Bangladesh including accommodation, workspace and local phone, transportation, security briefings, and provision of necessary information and welcome package.
• Coordinate with National Office on IT and related office equipment to maintain good working order.
• As required, ensure provision of insurance CRC property.
• Participate in team meetings and contribute to the overall efficient and coordinated management of the operation.
Support the ongoing assessment of Human Resource requirements of the CRC operation, including project workforce planning with BDRCS, with a focus on organizational capacity development
• Mentor, support, and advise on financial and administrative matters relating to CRC operations.
• Mentor and support any local finance and administrative staff to develop capacity in budgeting, forecasting and general management skills.
• Support building National Society financial and administrative management capacity.
• Manage relationships and cooperation with Red Cross / Red Crescent movement and external partners.
• Under the direction of the Country Representative, support the recruitment of relevant staff and ensure quality and transparency of HR services– recruitment and selection, contractual issues/remuneration of local staff.
• Assist the CRC Country Representative with HR planning and identification of project workforce requirements, in collaboration with the National Society.
• Assess gaps in National Society capacity and provide support in developing mentorship and training opportunities.
Education and Experience
• University degree in International Relations, Development, or related field.
• Minimum of 5 years relevant work experience in Project Coordination, Finance and/or Administration.
• Demonstrated experience in the development and implementation of financial, logistical and/or administrative systems.
• Experience in staff capacity development and mentoring in logistical, financial and/or administrative processes.
Skills and Abilities
• Strong commitment to the Principles of the RCRCM. Previous experience in the Movement considered an asset.
• Professional certification in Accounting preferred.
• Previous experience in a management role is preferred.
• International work experience in a developing country required.
• Ability to multi-task in a complex and frequently changing environment required.
• Strong initiative, diplomacy, flexibility, and sound decision making skills.
• Fluency (verbal and written) in English is required, while other languages are considered an asset.
This is an unaccompanied position based in Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh with some travel to the field required. Some areas of the country lack basic infrastructure and social services. CRC supports a safe working environment and comfortable accommodation; however, as in all contexts, delegates must be aware and responsible for their personal safety.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested parties may submit their application by applying on the Canadian Red Cross Online Career Website.
Please note that there is no relocation package for this position.
Applications will be reviewed as they are submitted.
The Canadian Red Cross is committed to diversity and inclusion in our workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We welcome applications from all applicants particularly Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, visible minorities, and others who may contribute to diversification and share our values.
Please notify us as soon as possible of any particular adaptive measures you might require at any stage of the recruitment process.
Organisation Canadian Red Cross