This free service is provided by Rick Davies, editor of the MandE NEWS website.
Please use this Forum to publicise M&E related short term consultancies and full time employed positions.
To publicise training events, use the M&E Training page
To publicise M&E conferences, use the M&E Conferences page
To seek or provide other M&E related information please use the M&E NEWS email list
CAVEAT: The listing of opportunities on this page does not imply any form of endorsement by MandE NEWS of the accuracy of the information provided, or the integrity of the providers.
REQUEST: Please do not waste my time by posting irrelevant material, ether about non-M&E jobs or about other unrelated matters.
SEIU (Service Employees International Union)
Job Title: Learning, Measurement and Evaluation Analyst - Racial Justice Center Grade: MGT D - Starting Salary, $93,203 / YR
Location: Washington, D.C.; Chicago, IL; Oakland, CA; Los Angeles, CA; Boston, MA, Atlanta, GA or New York, NY
Purpose of the Position:
SEIU's core priorities firmly establish achieving racial justice as critical to realizing our Vision of a Just Society for All. To this end, SEIU adopted a resolution at its 2016 convention staking out that there can be no economic justice without racial justice and has established the Racial Justice Center (RJC) to facilitate the Union's work and program to fulfill this commitment. This position will provide SEIU and its Racial Justice Center with support in developing and monitoring systems to track and evaluations progress and learning around its racial justice efforts and projects. It will also support knowledge management and learning activities.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
This includes a wide range of duties, including, but not limited to the following:
1. Develop and implement relevant performance indicators and evaluations to reflect progress.
2. Develop and monitor systems and databases to track program participants, evaluation results and learning.
3. Support the development of the evaluation strategy and timeline for all programs annually.
4. Coordinate the implementation of the evaluation strategy for all programs, including scheduling and/or tracking data collection, surveys, debriefs and evaluations.
5. Perform and organize observations of program sessions, as needed.
6. Collaborate with the Innovation Center to execute and improve data collection and evaluation processes.
7. Compile and synthesize a digestible, research-based rationale for strategies that are proving to be successful.
8. Convene and support the facilitation of learning groups and engagements to analyze impacts and results.
9. Be available for travel with overnight stays and able to work flexible hours, including some weekends.
Scope and Nature of Supervision
A high level of judgment, ability to take initiative and work independently is required.
Must be able to work with elected leaders and staff in complex and sometimes political situations.
Must be able to handle multiple priority projects simultaneously and meet established deadlines.
Reports to the Director and/or Deputy Director of the SEIU Racial Justice Center.
Educational Background, requires one of the following:
a) Bachelor's degree in evaluation-related race studies, or political science related field, and two years' experience implementing and leading evaluation and learning programs OR
b) At least four years of experience implementing and leading evaluation and learning programs OR
c) Any combination of education, experience and measurable performance that demonstrates the capability to perform the duties of this position.
Previous Work Experience:
• Demonstrated experience with and comprehensive knowledge of data collection management and/or relevant database and tracking systems.
• Experience in generating reports, charts, and plots of distributions and trends, descriptive statistics, and complex statistical analyses.
• Experience in data aggregation, data integrity and auditing, and requirements integration.
• Ability to make sense of and utilize disparate data sources.
• Previous experience with the racial justice or labor movement is helpful.
Specialized Knowledge and Training:
• Demonstrated ability to structure and process qualitative or quantitative data and draw insightful conclusions.
• Excellent writing, verbal and analytical skills with a particular ability to communicate complex ideas in clear, concise terms.
• Effective facilitation skills rooted in popular/transformational and adult learning educational approaches.
• Solid structural and anti-Black racial justice analysis that corresponds with SEIU's adopted racial justice learnings, conclusions and approaches.
• Understanding of the issues involved in organizing for economic and social justice, and a strong commitment to meeting the particular challenges facing communities-of-color, especially Black communities
• Commitment to center the leadership and voice of People of Color, Black people in particular OR (Honor the leadership of people of color and other marginalized communities.)
• Broad knowledge of evaluation and data collection methods and approaches.
• Ability to work collaboratively, build consensus and cooperate with a variety of stakeholders.
• Demonstrated humility, flexibility, compassion and initiative; a sense of humor and excitement for the work.
• Demonstrated integrity and practice of working in an equitable fashion.
• Ability to work in a small team, share information and contribute to the routine tasks of the team.
SEIU staff enjoy top notch benefits including comprehensive health benefits, major medical, dental and vision for employee and eligible dependents, domestic partner benefits, competitive salaries, generous holidays and vacation policies, and both a pension plan and a 401(K) Plan.
A resume is required for all applications and a cover letter is highly suggested. Your cover letter should explain your reason for wanting to work for SEIU, an example of how you demonstrated success in a similar position and a description of how this position fits into your long-term career plan.
SEIU is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/dryxsvhzw8528kyz
Organisation SEIU International
Country United States