This free service is provided by Rick Davies, editor of the MandE NEWS website.
Please use this Forum to publicise M&E related short term consultancies and full time employed positions.
To publicise training events, use the M&E Training page
To publicise M&E conferences, use the M&E Conferences page
To seek or provide other M&E related information please use the M&E NEWS email list
CAVEAT: The listing of opportunities on this page does not imply any form of endorsement by MandE NEWS of the accuracy of the information provided, or the integrity of the providers.
REQUEST: Please do not waste my time by posting irrelevant material, ether about non-M&E jobs or about other unrelated matters.
World Cocoa Foundation:
Monitoring and Evaluation Director
The vision of the World Cocoa Foundation (WCF) is a sustainable and thriving cocoa sector -- where cocoa farmers prosper, cocoa-growing communities are empowered, human rights are respected, and the environment is conserved. Our mission is to catalyze public-private action to accelerate cocoa sustainability. WCF champions multi-stakeholder partnerships, aligned public and private investment, policy dialogue, and joint learning and knowledge sharing to achieve transformative change in the cocoa supply chain.
WCF’s members include cocoa and chocolate manufacturers, processors, supply chain managers, and other companies worldwide, representing more than 80 percent of the global cocoa market. WCF’s programs benefit farmers and their communities in cocoa-growing regions of Africa, Southeast Asia, and the Americas.
WCF focuses on collective action of private sector companies, in close partnership with producer country governments, farmers, civil society organizations, development partners, and other stakeholders in the cocoa supply chain. CocoaAction, our flagship collective action program, aims to accelerate the productivity and profitability of cocoa, and strengthen the social development and quality of life in cocoa growing communities in West Africa. The program covers a six-year period (2014-2020) and focuses on:
• Aligning the sustainability initiatives of leading cocoa and chocolate companies on priority issues in Ghana and Côte d’Ivoire;
• Enabling scale through common interventions and an agreed-upon framework for measuring results;
• Employing a holistic focus on the farming household and cocoa-growing communities;
• Sharing best practices and failures through ongoing learnings; and
Working closely with the governments of cocoa producing countries.
This position provides strategic and technical leadership for monitoring and evaluation, learning and knowledge sharing, and results-based management to accelerate performance and results in CocoaAction and other WCF cocoa sector sustainability work. As M&E Director, you will be a key member of the CocoaAction and WCF leadership teams, with accountability for leading the design, development, and implementation of an integrated M&E system and strategy for CocoaAction, identifying performance management tools and processes to measure the effectiveness and impact of CocoaAction and other programs, building the implementation capacity of company members and partners, and enabling evidence-based decision making across the organization.
The M&E Director will embody the values of analytical rigor, transparency, collaboration, and open communication to foster and inspire a positive team environment internally and externally. The fast paced and multi-dimensional nature of this role requires an exceptionally well-organized, proactive professional with the ability to judge multiple competing priorities, switching between strategic and tactical approaches. This is an ideal position for a change agent looking to make a valuable contribution.
This position is based at the WCF Washington, DC, office and will report to the WCF President. Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States. The salary for this role will be commensurate with experience. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
• Lead implementation of an effective and efficient M&E system for CocoaAction, including project specific monitoring methodologies, process and tools, data collection and verification processes, and reporting and analysis requirements.
• Manage two M&E Team members, consultants and vendors to meet the strategic priorities and work program requirements of CocoaAction, including continued alignment of the M&E activities of participating companies in an externally credible manner.
• Use results-based management to strengthen performance measurement of CocoaAction and other WCF programs, and to drive alignment and impact among partners, national governments, and other stakeholders.
• Coordinate and align key performance indicators, data collection methods, data management, and reporting across CocoaAction member companies and WCF programs, including Cocoa Livelihoods Program, African Cocoa Initiative Phase II, Climate Smart Cocoa, and Cocoa and Forests Initiative.
• Develop and supervise training programs and technical assistance support for member companies and relevant third-parties including government extension representatives or NGOs involved in CocoaAction implementation, as needed.
• Lead collaborative working groups in the design of improved methods (i.e. improved methods for monitoring crop productivity) and tools (i.e. mobile apps for data collection) as CocoaAction member company needs require.
• Support knowledge creation, sharing and learning related to M&E results and programmatic effectiveness, and promote capturing lessons learned and best practices across CocoaAction companies and WCF programs.
• Develop a system for tracking learning from relevant external evaluations for incorporation into CocoaAction and WCF program implementation.
• Build, oversee and manage the M&E function at WCF, including supervision of M&E staff conducting analytical reviews of indicator data quality, reports and evaluations, and supporting proposal development, among other roles.
• Further develop organizational and staff capacities in monitoring, evaluation, and learning methods through policies, guidelines, tools, training, and partnerships in monitoring, evaluation, organizational knowledge management, and other relevant topics.
• Provide technical advice during development of donor financing proposals to ensure alignment with CocoaAction M&E framework, related to designing programs using an evidence-based results framework, incorporating best practices and lessons learned, developing appropriate project indicators, monitoring processes and tools, and monitoring budget cost estimates.
• Represent WCF externally by engaging effectively with donors, partners and stakeholders to raise the profile of results measurement and M&E work in CocoaAction and WCF.
• Contribute to WCF Leadership Team and achievement of WCF business objectives, including ensuring strong corporate governance of WCF and effective engagement of WCF members, providing guidance on strategic directions, strengthening WCF technical excellence, empowering a diverse and committed staff, and ensuring effective and efficient use of all WCF resources.
• Commitment to WCF core values:
o Visionary: We take the long-term view and seek to anticipate and shape future trends.
o Respect & Trust: We respect the mission and resources of WCF, the time and talent of our colleagues, and the value of our members. As an organization, we are trusted partners in cocoa sustainability, and as individuals we are trustworthy members of the WCF team.
o Client & Member Value Orientation: Our members are vital to our success. We prioritize putting farmers first, serving our members’ needs, and demonstrating the value of their membership.
o Collaboration & Teamwork: By working together with other staff and members, we can leverage each other’s knowledge and expertise to achieve more. Staff are encouraged to share information, ideas and resources to help WCF achieve its goals.
o Empowerment, Freedom to Act & Flexibility: We take initiative, share new ideas, and remain intellectually curious. We encourage employees to grow professionally, take ownership of their work, and make decisions. We value the quality of work and the wellbeing of our employees.
• Advanced degree in a relevant discipline, including International Development, Economics, Public Policy, Social Sciences, or Business Management.
• Minimum 8 years relevant M&E experience, including designing and implementing M&E strategies and systems, results-based management, and delivering training on evaluation methods and results.
• Demonstrated experience as a leader and change agent, including experience to think strategically, work multi-sectorally and across different operational programs, and integrate and influence across boundaries.
• Demonstrated expertise in rigorous quantitative and qualitative research and analytical methods.
• Expertise in results measurement and data collection methodologies applied to private sector interventions, including familiarity with designing results frameworks and evaluating development results.
• Experience working in multi-stakeholder partnerships and building alignment among different partner organizations (private sector, multilaterals, governments, non-governmental organizations).
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, with the proven ability to produce well-crafted reports and clearly present complex information to various audiences;
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a member of a fast-moving team, willingness to contribute at different levels required to achieve success, self-motivated and ability to work independently.
• Fluency in English, required. French language ability preferred.
• International experience in Africa preferred.
How to Apply:
Interested and eligible candidates are requested to upload their cover letter describing their interest in this role and résumé to: https://worldcocoa.egnyte.com/ul/teWhjrNWUv
Please address the letter to “Human Resources” and name your files using the following convention: ‘J.Doe Cover and ‘J.Doe Resume’. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling bases until position is filled. No phone calls please. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Organisation World Cocoa Foundation