This free service is provided by Rick Davies, editor of the MandE NEWS website.
Please use this Forum to publicise M&E related short term consultancies and full time employed positions.
To publicise training events, use the M&E Training page
To publicise M&E conferences, use the M&E Conferences page
To seek or provide other M&E related information please use the M&E NEWS email list
CAVEAT: The listing of opportunities on this page does not imply any form of endorsement by MandE NEWS of the accuracy of the information provided, or the integrity of the providers.
REQUEST: Please do not waste my time by posting irrelevant material, ether about non-M&E jobs or about other unrelated matters.
Do you want to make a difference? Join the world’s largest humanitarian network. The Canadian Red Cross Society, a not for profit, humanitarian organization dedicated to helping the most vulnerable in Canada and throughout the world, is currently seeking an Advisor – Evaluations and Monitoring.
Reporting to the Senior Manager Quality Assurance, Quality Assurance, Learning and Innovation, the Evaluation and Monitoring Advisor is responsible for strengthening CRC IO’s capacity in evaluation of programs, program learning and expertise in monitoring of corporate and strategic level results
The Evaluation and Monitoring Advisor contributes towards the mandate of the Quality Assurance, Learning and Innovation team: Through partnership and expertise, QALI ensures CRC-IO maintains a high standard of continuous learning and quality programming. QALI provides guidance and leadership in knowledge management; innovation; planning; monitoring; evaluation; reporting; communications and technology in compliance with corporate strategies and systems.
The Advisor will support implementation of CRC IO initiatives strengthening organizational accountability and quality assurance, framed by the IO Strategy 2020 (S2020) to deliver in the Last Mile.
• Ensures best practices and standards for effective evaluations are reflected in practice
(e.g. The Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD), Red Cross Movement Guidelines, Canadian Red Cross, etc.).
• Based on the above best practices and standards:
o Ensure quality evaluation elements are included in the project planning phase including participatory evaluation approaches involving communities where projects will be implemented.
o Provide support in designing baseline surveys and other data collection tools for specific projects.
o Provide technical support and quality assurance for Evaluation design, methodology, consultants, engagement of effected populations, and support to sister National Societies.
o Provides, adapts or develop tools for Evaluation Tracking, Management Response accountability, Consultancy ToRs, assessments, reports, etc.
o Ensures continuous capacity building, mentorship, training and facilitation support to operational teams and sister National Societies for Evaluations.
Corporate & Strategic Monitoring and Reporting
• Lead the process of review and development of Key Performance Indicators for International Operations.
• Support units with in International Operations to develop dashboards for effective monitoring and management.
• Supports the Corporate Planning process of International Operations.
• Perform data analysis and apply data visualization techniques to present information and highlight different perspectives on key areas.
• Ensures that shifts in knowledge on issues relating to Evaluations are reflected in CRCS strategies, policies, guidelines and practice.
• Facilitates continuous learning within CRCS through collection and dissemination of lessons learnt and best practice, and development and delivery of relevant training and mentoring.
• Engages with Movement counterparts and “thought leaders” such as academics, INGOs, the UN and sector networks to inform joint learning and continuous improvement.
Supports an Effective Team
• Collaborates to fulfill the agreed objectives, needs and expectations. Fosters team work through a professional exchange of experiences and expertise that can be transferred to other areas of work. Ensures sharing and dissemination of services related materials to all concerned actors.
[The incumbent has no direct supervisory responsibility and no program management responsibility]
Education and Experience:
• Preferably a Master’s degree in statistics/development research related field, economics, anthropology, social science or equivalent through work experience.
• Minimum five (5) years solid experience in planning, research, monitoring and evaluation of humanitarian aid or international development projects.
• Proven track record and expertise in developing and implementing monitoring and evaluation systems in humanitarian aid or international development within a results based management context.
• Degree or similar professional qualifications in, Business, Organizational Development, Management, Public Administration, International Development, or a related field.
• 5-8 years related experience including significant time working in low-income and fragile country contexts.
• Demonstrated experience in developing tools and processes, providing technical support and quality assurance, and facilitating learning.
• Experience in humanitarian aid and / or international development is desired.
• Advance knowledge of statistical analysis, quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis.
• Advance knowledge and usage experience of statistical software is mandatory.
• Good knowledge of relevant software applications (Office, Access, Project, Power BI or similar).
• Strong knowledge of donor requirements and formats pertaining to results frameworks.
• Strong understanding of monitoring and evaluation issues in international development.
• Demonstrated knowledge of results based management and participatory program planning, monitoring and evaluation methodologies.
Skills and Abilities:
• Strong written and oral skills in English are essential. Fluency in Spanish, French or Arabic is highly desirable.
• Highly skilled at advising, coaching, and facilitating.
• Resilience and adaptability to changing circumstances and an evolving environment.
• Advance data management and processing skills.
• Advanced information gathering, analysis and presentation skills.
• Demonstrated capacity to work effectively with others.
• Excellent skills and extensive experience in developing and managing relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
• Commitment to the Principles of the Red Cross Movement.
• The majority of work is performed in a clean and comfortable environment.
• May include long to moderate hours sitting and using computers and office equipment.
• May be required to some light lifting of supplies and materials from time to time up to 20kg (or another weight).
• Ability to work non-traditional hours on short notice.
• Ability to work in stressful and often ambiguous conditions.
• This position requires domestic or overseas travel to attend conferences, workshops and meetings as required.
• Periodic travel to country operations is required (total may amount to 50%). Field missions can involve working in environments that are unstable and with unpredictable access to basic services in emergency contexts and requiring very strict adherence to security regulations.
• Must be able to be Medical Cleared for travel in accordance with established CRC Medical criteria in positions where travel will be required.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested parties may submit their application by applying on the Canadian Red Cross Online Career Website by midnight EST on Sunday, July 16, 2017.
Please note that there is no relocation package for this position.
This position requires a successful Canadian criminal record and vulnerable sector check.
The Canadian Red Cross Society is an equal opportunity employer.
Organisation Canadian Red Cross