This free service is provided by Rick Davies, editor of the MandE NEWS website.
Please use this Forum to publicise M&E related short term consultancies and full time employed positions.
To publicise training events, use the M&E Training page
To publicise M&E conferences, use the M&E Conferences page
To seek or provide other M&E related information please use the M&E NEWS email list
CAVEAT: The listing of opportunities on this page does not imply any form of endorsement by MandE NEWS of the accuracy of the information provided, or the integrity of the providers.
REQUEST: Please do not waste my time by posting irrelevant material, ether about non-M&E jobs or about other unrelated matters.
Aga Khan Foundation Canada
Program AGA KHAN FOUNDATION EGYPT
Position MONITORING AND EVALUATION OFFICER
Description Aga Khan Foundation Canada (AKFC) is a non-profit international development agency, working in Asia and Africa to find sustainable solutions to the complex problems causing global poverty. Established in 1980, AKFC is a registered Canadian charity and an agency of the worldwide Aga Khan Development Network.
The Aga Khan Foundation Egypt (AKF, E) and Om Habibeh Foundation (OHF) are implementing a five-year skills development initiative in collaboration with Canadian and local partners in Aswan Governorate. The Aswan Skills Development Program (ASDP) will focus on strengthening the quality and range of vocational and technical skills training programs, as well as professional skills development programs available to young women and men in Aswan Governorate. AKF,E is seeking top-level candidates excited about the opportunity to shape the future of Upper Egypt’s technical, vocational and professional education landscape, in collaboration with private sector, government and international partners.
Summary of Position:
This position will work directly with the ASDP team in Aswan and will be reporting to the ASDP Monitoring and Evaluation Manager to strengthen the monitoring and evaluation function of the project.
Key Responsibilities include:
1. Support in the collection and analysis of monitoring and performance data to demonstrate change against outcomes and track processes;
2. Assist the M&E Manager to develop a user-friendly, functional management information system (MIS), thereby allowing data to be accessed in a simple way for purposes of analysis, reporting and programme improvement. This includes developing any new or relevant data collection tools, maintaining databases, developing any new MIS processes and maintaining the overall M&E system established under ASDP.
3. Ensure systematic collection, analysis, and reporting of routine data as per the overall M&E plan and system established under ASDP. This includes building the capacity of M&E staff to collect and analyse data.
1. Maintain the implemented policies, guidance, systems, procedures and tools related to monitoring and evaluation, and update as needed.
2. Oversee all data collection and analysis processes to measure progress and achievements according to the M&E plan and system
3. Develop implementing partner (IP) M&E activities, targets, budgets and log frames. Monitor and analyse IP performance, and propose any initiative that may be necessary, including termination of, or adjustments to actions to ensure compliance with program policy and priorities.
4. Maintain project data and ensure appropriate verification, cleaning and storage is done for all monitoring and evaluation data.
5. Assist in the production of data reports to ensure that they are produced in timely manner according to schedule, or by ad hoc request from the M&E Manager.
6. Support in the development of progress reports, and integrate analysis of findings and provide recommendations as required for contributions to planning, risk management and reporting. Ensure easy public access to M&E reports and data and support wide distribution.
7. Facilitate lessons learned and data interpretation and promote dissemination of lessons and knowledge sharing.
8. Perform additional ad hoc assignments as per request of the line manager.
In all activities, the consultant will work closely with all relevant program and administration staff.
Location Aswan, Egypt
Duration 6 months
Start Date March 2017
Qualifications and Competencies Ideal candidates will have:
• A post-graduate degree in a social sciences field, with practical experience in the monitoring and evaluation of activities in multi-stakeholder development programmes, particularly in the areas of education, skills development and Technical Vocational Education and Training (TVET);
• A minimum of 10 years of relevant professional experience, with at least 5 years of direct experience within complex M&E units in a developing country context, preferably in Egypt or the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region;
• Extensive knowledge of results-based management (RBM), including how to design logic models, performance measurement frameworks, particularly experience with Global Affairs requirements;
• Demonstrated knowledge and capacity to apply qualitative and/or quantitative research methods, for the purpose of programme evaluation and documentation;
• Demonstrated capacity to write results-based donor reports;
• Experience with the development and management of an MIS, including data collection methods and tools (forms, formats, questionnaires), as well as systems for data cleaning, entry, analysis and storage of quantitative data;
• Familiarity with MS Access and SPSS, or other software for data analysis
• Excellent written and verbal English language skills. Arabic language is an asset.
How to Apply Interested applicants are encouraged to submit their CV (not exceeding 3 pages), contact details of three professional references, example(s) of their written work and a covering letter explaining why they are best suited for the position to email@example.com
Deadline: Feb 14, 2017 by 11:59pm EDT
Please note that due to the nature of funding for this position, the placement is only open to Canadian citizens or landed immigrants. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Aga Khan Foundation is an Agency of the Aga Khan Development Network
Organisation Aga Khan Foundation