This free service is provided by Rick Davies, editor of the MandE NEWS website.
Please use this Forum to publicise M&E related short term consultancies and full time employed positions.
To publicise training events, use the M&E Training page
To publicise M&E conferences, use the M&E Conferences page
To seek or provide other M&E related information please use the M&E NEWS email list
CAVEAT: The listing of opportunities on this page does not imply any form of endorsement by MandE NEWS of the accuracy of the information provided, or the integrity of the providers.
REQUEST: Please do not waste my time by posting irrelevant material, ether about non-M&E jobs or about other unrelated matters.
Social Impact (SI) is a Washington, DC-area international development management consulting firm. SI’s mission is to improve the effectiveness of international development programs in order to improve the lives of people around the globe. SI provides a full range of management consulting, technical assistance, and training services including monitoring and evaluation, strategic planning, project and program design, organizational capacity building, and gender and social analysis. Work undertaken by SI staff cuts across all development sectors including education, positive youth development, democracy and governance, food security, health, the environment, and economic growth. SI is comprised of three technical practice areas, the Impact Evaluation (IE) Practice, the Strategy, Planning and Capacity Building (SPCB) Practice, and the Performance Evaluation (PE) Practice.
Currently, SI is seeking an individual who will serve as a Senior Technical Specialist in our PE Practice, who has experience in evaluation and research design and implementation using quantitative and qualitative methods. We encourage all individuals who have technical expertise in methods who have work in the international development arena to apply. This individual will support the growth and development of our PE practice by joining on-going projects in a technical capacity and developing new business. The primary function of the Senior Technical Specialist will be to provide technical oversight, implementation, and quality control for SI’s performance evaluation contracts. However, this individual may also have the opportunity to work on projects in both our IE Practice. With support from SI Program Managers, the Senior Technical Specialist may also provide management oversight and support for these projects and programs. The Senior Technical Specialist will report to a Program Director.
- Apply advanced technical knowledge and state of the art methodologies, analysis, and practices to project work in one of the following project positions: Project Director, Team Leader, Senior M&E Specialist, Senior Technical Advisor in Methods, Sectoral Expert.
- Ensure adherence to and promote SI’s Evaluation Quality, Use, and Impact protocols, while meeting contractual requirements
- Provide coaching and troubleshooting support for SI teams working on evaluation projects
- Ensuring client satisfaction and monitoring use of research and evaluation findings/products
- Lead or co-lead training and technical assistance for key donors and clients (e.g., USAID, Department of State, MCC, DFID, and others), implementing partners, country organizations, and country government entities to build their expertise to implement high quality M&E, including performance evaluation, impact evaluation, performance management, capacity building, and learning.
- Lead scoping, positioning, planning, marketing and proposal development related to SI’s work with current and new clients (USAID, DFID, MCC, World Bank, US Department of Labor, US Bureau of International Labor Affairs). Monitor initiatives and activities of various international and domestic donors
- Serve as technical lead or technical writer for proposal, including several complex proposals requiring high levels of technical input
- Aid in the identification of evaluation experts, team leaders, and sectoral experts for bids. Interview and assess technical capacity of proposed SI staff and consultants for inclusion in proposals
- Be a recognized technical expert in SI in evaluation and apply that expertise to SI projects and proposals
- Develop knowledge assets and new technical approaches to differentiate SI from other competitors in the evaluation market place.
- Present thought leadership pieces internally and externally.
- Participate in and lead relevant external communities of practice and committees addressing evaluation of development programs and projects and represent SI at technical conferences, meetings, and with clients
- Publish technical peer reviewed papers, blogs, working papers, and other influence products for the performance evaluation community
- Master’s Degree, plus 10 years of professional experience or Ph.D. plus 5 years of professional experience. Degree(s) in one of the social sciences or international development with technical training in evaluation/research design, data collection, and analysis.
- Knowledge and experience either in quantitative or qualitative research methods, working with data coding and analysis software including STATA, Atlas.ti, or NVivo.
- Professional experience either as a team lead or as key staff on evaluations, preferably in developing countries.
- In-depth experience in one or more area in international development such as education, health, agriculture, economic growth, conflict mitigation, democracy and governance, positive youth development, legal reform, microfinance, infrastructure development and use, resilience, livelihoods, etc.
- Demonstrated experience leading short-term evaluations and assessments while maintaining quality and ensuring well-written/produced deliverables.
- Demonstrated team building, team management and conflict management skills for short-term technical assistance projects.
- Willingness and ability to travel overseas for short to medium term assignments
- Proficiency in a foreign language, preferably Spanish, French, or Arabic
- Experience working with USAID, MCC, DOS, DOL/ILAB, development banks, foundations, and international NGOs in carrying out, preferred.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To apply, please visit our website: http://chc.tbe.taleo.net/chc02/ats/careers/requisition.jsp;jsessionid=A7A3547C9E1317C7AA45CFB6D66BC651?org=SOCIIMPA2&cws=1&rid=497
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.
Organisation Social Impact
Country United States