DURATION: 2 months to develop M&E Plan (October – November 2012), 2 months for mid-term evaluation (2014), and 2 months of end-project evaluation (2015)
SUMMARY: Relief International (RI), an international relief and development agency with cross-sectoral programs bridging relief and development, seeks a Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist to design an M&E framework for its education program in Somalia.
The Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist is a member of the senior technical team and reports to the Program Director. The individual is responsible for the monitoring and evaluation of the Girls’ Education Project. The main responsibilities of the position include the development and implementation of Monitoring and Evaluation Systems and Tools to monitor progress, evaluate effectiveness and disseminate results of the Girls’ Education Project. This person will also be responsible for training RI staff and project and community partners on using the tools.
• Design the integrated Monitoring and Evaluation Plan and Tools for the project, using defined indicators and targets, measuring progress and making recommendations for improvement.
• Compile baseline data from existing information sources, and on an as needed basis, organize, coordinate, and supervise surveys to gather baseline data which isn’t otherwise available.
• Ensure consistency of the monitoring and evaluation system and tools with DFID monitoring and evaluation system and tools requirements.
• Build capacity of project staff in the use and content of the Monitoring and Evaluation tools.
• Coordinate with the senior technical team in rendering operational the M&E strategies and frameworks including data/information collection, analysis, and quality control.
• Provide advice and guidance to the senior technical team on baseline surveys, project monitoring, impact measurement, and post project evaluation.
• Assist in the development and revision of annual work plan and strategies for the project.
• Conduct data quality assessments to determine the validity, reliability, and integrity of performance data gathered to monitor program performances.
• Minimum 10 years of relevant experience in the development of M&E plans
• Significant experience working with international INGOs in the area of Monitoring and Evaluation. Demonstrated experience with DFID as a donor agency is a plus.
• Experience in training and managing field teams.
• High level analytical skills including analysis of both quantitative and qualitative data and problem skills solving.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required to train or coach staff and give occasional presentations.
• Demonstrated report writing skills.
• Master’s degree minimum qualification.
• Experience in the Somalia context.
• Fluency in English. Fluency in Somalia is a plus.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit your Cover Letter, CV, and References to email@example.com. Subject line must include: M&E Specialist Somalia. Applications missing any of the above materials will not be considered. Closing date for applications is July 30, 2012. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.