Social Impact (SI) is an Arlington based international development management consulting firm. We provide a full range of innovative program evaluation, management consulting, technical assistance, and training services to strengthen international development programs, organizations and policies. Our work cross-cuts all sectors of international development and diplomacy including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, economic growth, peacebuilding, international security and diplomacy.
SI is seeking two experienced, energetic and dynamic professionals to serve as IQC Managers for two fast moving Evaluation Services contracts for USAID and Department of State (DOS). The Indefinite Quantity Contract (IQC) Managers will be seasoned evaluation professionals with strong technical and managerial expertise in planning, managing and new business development for international evaluations. The IQC Managers will have evaluation expertise in several of the sectors listed above and they will report directly to Social Impact Vice President for Evaluation Services. The IQC Managers will have in-depth experience working with USAID and DOS.
• Provide strategic leadership and management, operational, and technical oversight for SI Evaluation Services IQCs for USAID and DOS.
• Serve as primary liaison with USAID and DOS IQC counterparts
• Supervise and manage SI Evaluation Program Managers.
• Oversee the recruitment, contracting and supervision of US and international personnel and technical assistance associated with task order delivery.
• Ensure timely and quality completion of all evaluation deliverable and reports following SI’s established quality assurance procedures.
• Oversee staff tracking of financial aspects of task order and overall IQC implementation, including budgets, projections of expenses, pipeline analysis, and processing of expenses.
• Manage the relationship with IQC subcontractors.
• Contribute to Task Order requests by working with the SI Business Development team to strategize and conceptualize SI’s approach, including use of subcontractors. The IQC Managers will participate in task order personnel selection and write technical and management sections of task order proposals as needed.
• Conduct team planning meetings for evaluation teams and support evaluation program managers in oversight and trouble shooting for long-term and short term evaluation field team.
• Minimum of 10 years experience in international development program evaluation.
o Prior experience leading international evaluation teams for USAID and other development donors across several sectors.
o Knowledge and experience with a wide range of qualitative and quantitative evaluation methods a wide range of country settings.
o Active involvement in American Evaluation Association and/or other international evaluation associations
• Minimum of 5 years experience managing large USAID contracts with positive results, including monitoring budgets, pipelines, and projections.
• Experience managing teams of 5 or more and delivering sound management decisions with respect to team function and performance.
• Experience interacting with government agencies, host country governments and counterparts, and consortium partners.
• Proven familiarity with USAID or DOS procedures, contracting and reporting requirements.
• Strong communication and problem solving skills with a variety of stakeholders, including for example, government contracting agencies, task order personnel, consortium partners.
• Proven proposal development skills.
• Strong leadership, entrepreneurial, management, and writing skills a must.
• Technical expertise in one or more sectors a strong plus.
• Ph.D (preferred) in evaluation or evaluation related field such as public administration, economics, political science or public health.
• Ability to lead teams in a fast-past, highly competitive task order environment.
• Willingness to travel on assignment approximately 25% of the time.
Salary: Pay and benefits will be commensurate with the candidate’s capabilities and experience. Standard benefits include paid leave, health insurance, IRA, and other benefits.
To Apply: Please submit a resume, cover letter, salary history, 3 professional references (email, address, phone number) and date of availability to email@example.com The email subject line must include the following: Evaluation Services IQC Manager.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our Company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and to make a difference in the well being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com