Oxfam seeks MEL consultant for GROW public campaign team - deadline extended to 24/10
Oxfam International’s GROW Public Campaign Team is seeking someone with a strong MEL or campaigning background to help the team develop and implement a Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) system to support our campaigning work.
Oxfam's GROW campaign, our new and most ambitious campaign ever, represents a new approach to public campaigning.
We need a new approach to MEL that reflects this model of public campaigning, incorporating not only numerical indicators of success, but also a means of measuring the quality of engagement. We need a strong MEL strategy so that we can demonstrate the success or otherwise of our new approach, and so that we can improve it.
Working with the public campaign team, the consultant will help develop a practical MEL system that:
- Meets current campaign information and reporting needs – including capturing and storing monitoring information that will be used for campaign coordination, management information and accountability purposes;
- Helps the team better understand and continue to evolve their approaches to public campaigning – including helping test and assess our new approach to public campaigning;
- Is clearly embedded in team ways-of-working and individual workplans.
We invite submissions of interest from suitably qualified individuals. Tenders must include:
1. A cover letter of no more than 2 pages introducing the consultant and how the skills and competencies required are met. Include information on how you would approach the tasks outlined above.
2. A 1-page budget covering all major anticipated costs.
3. A CV detailing relevant skills and experience of no more than 2 pages, including contactable referees.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a copy of the terms of reference and more details of the skills and competencies required.