Return to Website

For Love of Freedom

Please leave your thoughts here to share with us all. Feel free to respond to others. Loving each other is how we will survive tragedy. If there is a special person you wish to honor and/or remember, by all means, do so. And let us know where you are from so we can all see where this page has been. Thank you so very much.

Forum: For Love of Freedom
Start a New Topic 
   Board|Threaded
Author
Comment
Re: T-shirt to benefit Red Cross

This is a wonderful gesture on your part. I heard of a lady who just set up a stand on a street corner in New York and raised over $7,000 for the families of the New York victims.

But she also had ID from the Social Services Agency that licenses people to collect for a charity. If you are collecting for a charity, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE contact the Red Cross or the city/county agency in your area that is in charge of that sort of thing so you can also get certified.

They already announced on TV that the FBI would investigate all solicitations made on behalf of the victims of the WTC terrorism and if the person is not properly certified to collect for charity they could face legal troubles.

DON'T LET THAT HAPPEN TO YOU. Please take care, okay?

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Hi -

I created a t-shirt design for my site, My Dog Murphy's T-shirts and Gifts, and am giving the profits to the Red Cross. I'd love it if you would take a look at http://www.mydogmurphy.com and see the shirt. We've already raised more than $100 in less than 48 hours.

I am not allowed to give blood, and the Red Cross is actually turning away volunteers, so I figured this was the least I could do.

God bless,

Nathan Rudy

Get your own FREE Forum today! 
Report Content ·  · Web Calendars   Counters & Site Stats   Free Blogs   Email Forms 
powered by Powered by Bravenet bravenet.com