All topics
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Back problems advice

My 5yr old sports horse has been diagnosed with severe kissing spines and after chiropractor,physio and a trip to 3 counties veterinary hospital and xrays,it is inoperable due to most of his veterbrae are touching and has a cyst on one.I was obviously devastated by this as I have done everything slowly and correctly having had him from 9 months old and now having a very large field ornament!but am wondering has anyone any advice/experience on a similar situation??

Re: Back problems advice

Suggest you try Samsara-Equitation near Hay-on-Wye

Hi Jodi,

2 years ago our Irish Draught (he is now 18) had the same problem but more so with added complications. We too sent him to 3 Counties Equine at the cost of £4000 and we are convinced he was "over diagnosed".

Before he went there we used a lady chiropracter in the Forest of Dean called Sarah Smith, she was brilliant to say the least, bearing in mind our boy is now 18 it may be a different matter for you. He also has 2 small scoops of Tumeric a day (morning & night, try that to start).

Dont buy it from some supplement dealer go straight to an Asian store, we buy a 1kg pack for £2.70 a time from a place in Worcester, though next time he is getting us a 5kg bag.

It may work, good luck

Thankyou both I have contacted stephen at samsara who is coming out to assess henry and also just ordered a 1kg of turmeric!!not prepared to give up on my boy until I am sure there is no other option as he is so bored in the field and gallops about bucking like a loon!!