FELT Forum

Welcome to our Felt/Denim/Go-Kart Mozart forum. Feel free to post a message.

FELT Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Felt 1984 Arkain Filloux bootleg

I've just seen the mention here of this release : https://www.discogs.com/Felt-1984/release/7625425
I know that Lawrence is against to output demos or any bonus so I don't think they could be related to any future or ancient repress project.
I've done some basic research and it seems that Arkain Filloux is in fact an Italian outfit (the Belgian address seems to be fake). I remember that back in the 80's and the 90's mots of the bootlegs labels were Italians. I've found very little comments on the sound quality of their releases but they were positive. I guess that the Felt LP is new or even not released yet because i didn’t find any sale on Discogs or Ebay. Maybe it’s also because they were shutdown. They’ve done bootlegs from some high profils artists like the Velvet Underground or the Smiths and I guess that their big labels coud have filed some lawsuit, or, at least, threaten to do.
I've never heard of these Felt demos, were they available before on mp3 sharing platform ?

Re: Felt 1984 Arkain Filloux bootleg

Hi!
Thanks for your reply.
yeah, I saw the item in Discogs too...and it's very awkward...no adress, the bootleg's track tittles didn't match the Felt track names.
Anyway, I'll try to send them a letter and let's hope someone replies :)
I even tried to contact those users who classified the album, but still no reply.
Cheers,
Rui

I've bought other A. F. bootlegs through ebay, from a seller called thiscorrosion... They sell lots of boots on differently named labels, all on coloured vinyl, supposedly from Italy or Belgium. From the similarities of pressing and packaging and distribution they all seem to come from from the same origin probably in California. I never saw a Felt release from them so far.

Thanks for the tip.
I'm trying to get to the source.
I've the suspition that this album doesn't exist. Felt demos tapes? huuummm.
And the track names are really another mistery.

I just checked on discogs and the user who made the submission only did this one. No activity from him before or after that. So it could be a prank or the bootleggers wanted to check if there's a market for a felt bootleg But it sure looks suspicious.
I still think the label is italian because the two biggest sellers on discogs are italians

I totally agree with you.
It's only mentioned in Discogs...and the name of the tracks doesn't check with the original tracks and also, Lawrence had a total control over the masters and demos.