Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: coaching under 8

thanks

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I did the F.A. Level 1 Certificate in Coaching Football last year, just as I'd started coaching an Under 8's team.

It's basic stuff, but useful nonetheless, and has good sections on child protection issues and emergency first aid.

You are usually required to spend one day on practical coaching points, which are taught in the classroom, and on the pitch. We did a simple multiple choice test at the end of the day, which covered the points we'd been taught.You then return for two or three evening sessions of about 3 hours in duration for child protection and first aid.Cost varies between £30 and £50. Contact your local F.A. for a list of courses and venues in your area. It's only a matter of time before they make it compulsory, so it's worth doing.It will also start you off on the right foot, and compliment the knowledge you've picked up as a player over the years.It will also give you a few good tips on dealing with parents! Best of luck.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

After many years playing amateur football i have been asked to coach a young side at under 8. Is there a qualification required/reccomended at this age level. thanks in advance Barry