Return to Website

Cang Jie Input Method Forum

Exchange of any ideas regarding the Cang Jie input method and other input methods for Chinese characters as well as the works and projects of Henry Chu BangFu, the inventor of the Cang Jie System.

Cang Jie Input Method Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: inputting simplified chinese

Brother your also can use Cangjie in NJ-Star I think your problem can be easily overcome by changing the display code into GB code ( Simplified Chinese Characters ). Follow this step you will get it right.

Step 1 Open the Help pull down many in NJ-Star. Your should see an menu regarding the interface of English , Traditional Chinese and Simplified Chinese. Just click the simplified chinese then you can see you screen appeared to be all simplified chinese inclusive of the menu. Then go to the pull down menu of other input menthod and select cangjie simplified chinese and you will be right. Some rules are slight different between tranditional and simplified characters due to its writting stroke habit different even though the character exactly the same. Example Wang (yellow) Simplified Chinese code TLWC but Traditional Chinese code TMWC etc. X key also got different usage and the rules of selecting code are slight different. However no worry still very easy to master and its take about few minutes to be mind set and change over if you know the different.

Asking for help. Chinese Star v2,97 does not self support simplified chinese as V2.0 or V2.5 so i need to download a file which previously present in V2.0 to incorporate it to V2.97. The file name called cscj.imf . Can anyone help me to let me know where can i download this file. Thanks

my email address - lennon@foong18.com

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Hi I just stumbled upon the cjmember website recently and found it very useful and interesting. I've seen some of the web pages mention that nj-star supports simplified input using cangjie codes.

Now whilst I found this to be true, it seems that it doesn't use the simplified cangjie codes, but uses the traditional cangjie codes. For e.g. if i wanted to type in the word qing3 (please), in traditional cangjie code it would be YRQMB, and in simplified cangjie code it is IVQMB. However in nj-star I still need to type in YRQMB even when I'm in simplified characters mode.

Did I miss something in the options or settings of nj-star? Or is this a limitation of nj-star?

Keith